For ages, people thought that curly hair looked better longer because of its natural tendency of growing wide first and then falling down later. However, this thought is not true and it can be tossed-out easily. Curly bob haircuts can really look feminine, playful and also easy to style and that’s why black women are going for such haircuts today.
Bob hairstyles exist in different categories but in this article I’m going to feature inverted bob hairstyles that contain curls and these really look awesome on most women. In other words, an inverted bob haircut is one which looks longer on one side and shorter on the other but it actually adds some style and charm to your looks. So go through this article and try out some of these rocking inverted bob styles.
Curly Inverted Bob Haircuts for Black Women
This inverted bob haircut with lots of curls below the crown simply looks gorgeous and will even make any girl out there to look sexy. The haircut is a chin-length bob style with one side shorter than the other while all the hair in the lower section has been passed through a roller set to create full, sexy and satiny curls. The deep side part that sweeps most hair across the top of the head helps to accumulate volume while the playful curls of the fringe falling over the face give the whole hairstyle a playful look and demure-quality. This style is just great for any party because it really looks simple and innocent.
Read also: BOB HAIRSTYLES FOR ROUND FACES
How to style:
- Start the whole process with clean, wet hair after moving out of the shower. But you should always remember to shampoo and condition the hair as you wash it for best results.
- Apply a dab of your favorite strong hold gel allover your moist hair then deeply part some hair on one side using a comb or wide toothed comb.
- Gently brush the bangs forward while pushing their ends backwards then secure them with bobby pins or hair-clip so that they don’t hang over the face as you style.
- Allow the bangs and the rest of the hair to air-dry then use hot rollers to curls the hair that falls along the nape section.
- Using a diffuser attached to a blow dryer, begin to dry the sides and back carefully but thoroughly then finish by removing any hair-clips and seal in your style with a medium hold spray.
Hair setting spray: this product will greatly help to add some texture and hold to your curls throughout the day.
Curly Inverted Bob Haircuts with Color for Black Women
These beach curls really look fun and amazing in this blonde hair color and so you should not be afraid to try adding some colors in your curly haircut like this lady. This black lady displays an inverted bob haircut with large and soft curls that drop gently over the shoulders coupled with a face framing side swept fringe that really adds much to her beauty. the style looks sleek at the top but it becomes wavy as it flows just a few inches away from the crown area but the colors added to this style are the ones which add playful effect whereby the hair has a black color from where its parted from but as it flows over and below the head its toned with a blonde tone while the hair-ends contain some brown streaks.
How to style:
- Begin with hair that has been cleaned well with a favorite moisturizing or conditioning shampoo, and then pat it dry with a fiber towel while leaving some moisture within so that hair feels a bit damp for best styling results.
- Apply a light-weight gel and curling cream to hair using your fingertips then tease it gently in order to distribute the product evenly throughout.
- Gently create the large and defined soft waves with a large curling wand that is set to a low heat level and after, dry hair with a diffuser until 80-percent of it is dry.
- Lightly pull apart the twists or locks with the hairstyle by passing your fingertips through then complete by applying a light hair-oil form the mid-section up to the hair-ends.
Flexible hold spray: this is a hairspray which will help you achieve soft, touchable curls coupled with all-day curl retention.
Shaggy Curly Inverted Bob Haircuts for Black Women
This is a sassy inverted bob hairstyle that will work perfectly for any lady when going work or for something casual like a party, wedding, etc. the style combines both the sassy texture and edginess inorder to offer this black lady with a great and awesome look that looks professional and polished. The hairstyle is curled throughout starting from the crown and it also has a flirty, wispy fringe that hangs gently over the forehead in form of soft, curly ringlets. This edgy style has alot of volume at the top and it becomes fine as hairflows below with one side slightly longer than the other.
How to style:
- Gently apply a volumizing-mousse to your clean, damp hair and then disperse the product gently throughout the hairstyle using your fingertips.
- Take varying small sized section of your hair and then twist them into these sassy curls using smaller inch curling wand until the entire head is curled.
- Use your hair diffuser to completely dry up your hair and then use your fingers to break up the twists and tangles within the curls as you arrange your hairstyle.
- Mist your sassy curls lightly with a flexible hold hairspray inorder to add some shine and hold to them.
Argan hair-oil: you must apply this oil to the hair ends inorder to soothe and prevent them from becoming dry or brittle. This oil even helps to tame any wild curls with your hairstyle.
Curly Inverted Bob Haircuts for Black Women with Oval Faces
This inverted curly bob haircut looks flirty, girly and well-polished. This style will look perfect on any black lady when going for a special event or for a weekend out. The trick behind the beauty and class of this hairstyle is that most of the hair is pushed to one side and curled it a bit curled as drops below while the other side which is extremely short in length is styled straight and brushed gently to achieve that sleek and smooth finish. The deep side parting also features a simple side fringe that is curled at the ends and in fact this style features several colors that bring out that playful and wonderful effect.
Curly Inverted Bob Haircuts for Black Women with Bangs
The lady featured in the image looks simple and awesome with most her hair curled to one side yet the other side shorter with a wavy hair texture. This inverted bob haircut can be the easiest way to achieve a polished evening look because it looks simple and cute. The light side swept bang on the style has a feathery and disconnected look whereby some sections of it fall slightly over the forehead while the other section is abit longer and curled away from the face creating flirty and fun looking effect. This awesome hairstyle is timeless and it can even be achieved easily than some curly haircuts.