Ponytail hairstyle is always associated with long hair, but it’s possible to have a short ponytail. However, it’s not that easy to make a pony out of very short hair, but in this post, we shall see how you can easily do that, there is nothing impossible when it comes to style. I have featured some good examples of short ponytail hairstyles for African American women, let’s go through a few steps and see if you can get one…
Read also: 5 FUNKY SHORT HAIRCUTS FOR BLACK WOMEN
short ponytail hairstyles for african americans
Here we have a combination of a Pin up Updo hairstyle and a short ponytail. It’s a very cool hairstyle which I might try some time to come. So, let’s see how you can have this particular hairstyle.
- Wash your hair: – Clean your hair very well using an organic shampoo, this will give your hair more natural nutrients to help it look smooth and healthy. If you have oily hair, you might consider deep conditioning with a special hair conditioner for oily hair. After that, rinse out the conditioner / shampoo using cold water, this will ensure that your hair retains all natural oils. Dry your hair very well using a cotton towel, don’t get tempted to use a blower on very short hair, it might damage your hair. Once your hair is dry enough, brush it our so that it gets straight and tangle free. If you don’t remove tangles from your hair, you will get a messy ugly short ponytail.
- Apply Mousse:- Put moderate amounts of mousse on your hands and apply it to your hair, the main purpose of doing this is to make your hair moist and smooth. However, you can as well massage your scalp using this mouse; it will help the scalp release more moisture and nutrients to keep your hair healthy. Be gentle when applying mousse to your hair, because when you use too much pressure, it will become curly and that can change your looks instantly.
- Blow dry your:- After putting mousse in your hair, it will become too wet and slippery which will make it a little bit difficult to make a ponytail. So, I suggest you set your blower at a low temperature and start blowing your hair, this will ensure that it gets a little bit dry but moist at the same time.
- Pull your hair to the back to make a short ponytail:- Gather all your hair and pull it to the back, secure that short pony with an elastic band, however, since you have very short hair, some of it will not fit in the pony so it will be left hanging. Now the only way you can perfect that shot pony hairstyle is to pin hair which has not been put in the ponytail, use bobby pins to do this job.
- Finish and spray your new short pony hairstyle:– After getting that perfect ponytail, you can go ahead and spray it well so that it gets a smooth and shinny texture.
THINGS YOU WILL NEED:-
- Hair shampoo & conditioner
- Hair spray