Short curly hair can be difficult to style, it’s so limited to styles, and so you can’t just pick up any design and go with it. In my past post about long curly hairstyles, we saw that you had more than 5 long curly hairstyles to try out, simply because long hair is more open to styles than short hair.
However, that doesn’t mean that you can’t get a new look with short curly hair, it’s possible to change your looks, let’s look at some options in this post.
Read also: 2017 CURLY HAIRSTYLES FOR LONG HAIR
Medium length curly hairstyle
MEDIUM : This is a medium length curly hairstyle; it is very popular among mature women of age 40 and above. If you have very short curly hair, you might consider growing it long; make sure it does not exceed shoulder length. The lady featured in the picture above, her curly hair stops just above the shoulders, it doesn’t touch them, so you do copy her trend. Let’s see how you can have a similar hairstyle.
HOW TO STYLE
- Grow your hair to a moderate length:- This option is for ladies with very short curly hair. To get this particular hairstyle, you need to first grow short hair to a medium length height, and that will give you the chance to look like the lady in the photo above. To archive this, you need to make some changes in your habits as a person, you can start by eating a balanced diet, your hair feeds on what you take in, so if you want it to grow very first, you have eat enough proteins and foods with natural fats. Drink enough water because your scalp has to stay moist all the time, this will help your hair grow very first. May be the other thing you can do is to use natural / organic hair growth products.
- Condition and Shampoo your Curls:- After getting this medium length hairstyle, you need to shampoo and condition your curls. I will not consider this process as a basic in making this nature of hairstyle, because by default you have natural curls. However, during the period of growing them long, you used some hair growth products and styling lotions / creams, so those products have to be washed out.
- Color your hair:- The lady featured in the photo above, has dark brown thick wavy medium hairstyle. You can as well dye your hair to that color, however, you have to use the right hair dye, also make sure you read and follow instructions on how to apply brown dye to your hair. In most cases, ladies with natural black hair, use more dye to turn black hair into brown, however, those with blonde / light natural hair color, might use less amounts of dye. On the other hand, if you already have dye in your hair, try to wash it out before applying new dye, this will protect your strands from bad chemical reactions that might have occurred when old dye interacted with new dye.
- Repair your curls:- Much as you have natural curls, you need to repair them and fix your looks. You can use a curling iron or hot rollers to get big and thick curls just like the lady in the photo above. But don’t forget to use a heat protectant, because natural curly hair doesn’t do well with heat.
- Spray your new thick curls:- Give them a smooth and shinny look so that they don’t get dry and frizzy. You can use a curl hold hair spray; this will ensure that your curls remain in the same shape.
PRODUCTS YOU NEED
- Hair growth supplements
- Hot Rollers / Curing iron
- Brown Hair Dye
- Shampoo & Conditioner