Medium shag haircuts have continued to be the most versatile hairstyles. Whatever hair texture may be, a shag hairstyle will always offer several possibilities that will work perfectly on your hair whether it’s thick or fine. Shag hairstyles always contain extra layers at the crown and these help to add some lift to fine or thin hair while girls with thicker hair will achieve maximum control and definition with shag hairstyles.
Some women are confused by the term shag haircuts but this actually means hair that is a bit messy but also somehow well-textured and in fact such hairstyles look great on every face shape hence if you would like to try something new, then go for a medium shag hairstyle and see how it will make you look . Here is a collection of 5 awesome shag haircuts that will help you find which one works perfectly on your hair type and face shape.
Chic Medium Shag Hairstyles
This medium shag haircut really rocks with several disconnected layers throughout coupled with a choppy side swept bangs cover one of her eyes. The short and long layers in this haircut really help to enhance movement to her thick hair. The hair tips look wispy, cropped and slightly flipped inwards hence bringing out a complete shag hairstyle.
Read also: SHOULDER LENGTH HAIRSTYLES TO FLATTER YOUR FACE
How to style
- Blow-dry hair in smaller sections with a paddle brush while taking downward strokes. Make sure you dry and style the hair ends under but not outwards.
- For a longer lasting hairstyle, grab a flat-iron to smooth and seal your hair. This should be done a low heat level in order to prevent damaging the hair strands.
- Rake your fingers through the styled hair inorder to create light separation all over inorder to create that shag look.
- Complete your hairstyle with a light holding serum or a hairspray inorder to add some hold and shine to the shag hairstyle. However, this will depend on what you prefer to use but some people even skip this step.
A drying and shaping hairspray: to achieve great hold and shine with a touchable hair texture, you need to mist your hair with this spray.
Chic Medium Shag Hairstyles with Color
This cute lady has a colorful shoulder length shag hairstyle with shattered layers which also disconnected throughout and this adds extra fun and drama to her shag hairstyle. The red color at the hair top mixed with the brown color at the hair tips really creates a flirty and awesome effect and the wispy disconnected fringe seals in this beautiful haircut. Another attractive feature about this shag haircut is that it has flipped out hair ends and at different levels hence creating a beautiful cascading effect.
How to style
- Thoroughly wash and blow-dry all hair with help of a paddle brush while taking downward strokes in order to control the hair volume.
- Pick a flat iron and use it to make straighten, smoothen and to seal your hair. But ensure that you flip the hair outwards at the ends in order to bring out the flirty cascading effect.
- Use the fingertips to rake through your haircut in order to accentuate the shag style or look.
- Set style to your shag haircut with a premium medium hold hairspray and remember that just mist of this product is enough to keep your hair looking shiny and firm during the day.
Hair treatment-oil: in order to make your look smooth and shiny, you must apply an oil-treatment to it.
Chic Medium Shag Hairstyles with Bangs
Blonde hair really looks stunning if you style it in the right way. As you can observe in the picture above, the pretty and sexy lady has shoulder length shag haircut with soft layers at the top while the lower section looks wavy and flirty with a feathery look. The cute full front fringe that is cut blunt at the ends actually adds more style to this shag hairstyle and even enhances the fine texture of this hairstyle. if you look closely, you will actually notice that this lady has fine hair but actually this shag style helped to accumulate some volume throughout creating an illusion of thicker hair.
How to style
- Grab a round brush together with a blow-dryer and gently work through your wet hair in order to make it dry while adding some volume to it.
- Try to alternate hair at the lower sections in different directions as you blow-dry it because this will help to create playful movement with your hairstyle.
- Create the sleek full front bang with a flat iron while flipping the blunt ends slightly inwards, then straighten all the hair at the top while leaving the hair that falls below as it is.
- Lightly rake your fingertips through hair to create light separation within your shag hairstyle.
- To set style within your shoulder length shag hairstyle, it’s advisable to mist lightly over your hair using a firm holding and shining hairspray.
Hair defining cream or mousse: this will help to add some bounce and movement to your fine-textured shoulder length hairstyle.
Chic Wavy Medium Shag Hairstyles
This woman has a wavy, well-textured shoulder length shag haircut that looks fun and flirty. This blonde shag haircut has both short and long wavy layers that diffuse into each other and these actually increase on the volume of this fine textured hairstyle. At the top, there exists a simple center part that distributes her hair evenly to the sides and even the crown looks straight but with rough texture while the rest of the hair becomes wavy as it drops below the top section.
How to style
- To create a smooth hair finish, blow-dry hair with a brush seconds after washing and drying it.
- Lightly curl the hair ends in alternating directions in order to form a wavy and contrasting hair texture.
- To create light separation at the lower sections, rake fingers through your hair gently and then complete your style with a mist of a medium hold spray.
Hair curling creme: it helps to create light curls and perfect waves with your natural hairstyle.
Chic Curly Medium Shag Hairstyles
If you’re a fun of curly hairstyles, then you can also tryout new ideas on your curly hair as seen in the picture above. This lady has a curly and shag hairstyle that grazes just over the shoulders with sleek and fine hair-ends. This style looks wild but well-textured and this means that it will perfect on ladies who would like to get noticed in the public. The style even frames out the oval face shape of this lady perfectly but in my own opinion, I think it can look perfect on any face shape.