Since Rihanna has lots of fans, I have decided to dedicate a full post talking about her hairstyles, I can’t feature them all on this list, but I plan to feature more posts about her. She’s a beautiful icon who has made her name as a hip hop best female artist, but I have noticed that on each scene, she looks different, I wonder how much she spends on her looks and hairstyles, but it has to be in 100s of dollars.
To leave that aside, I want to take you through a list of the best Rihanna hairstyles for 2017. Please, don’t get shocked because most of them have been featured in past years, but their is one thing I want you to know, hairstyles don’t change, It’s people who make them old or new, so you will always see the same trend year after year, and sometimes you even see a trend for 1980 back in 2016.
Rihanna Bob Hairstyle
BOB -This sharp bob haircut looks cool, it’s not a normal balanced bob haircut you’re used to,Rihanna always sets her own trend, she’s not the kind of person who goes with the crowd, so, if you do in a balanced manner, then change things this time and try out this sharp edged bob haircut. Black hair can look good on anyone, so don’t get worried about your skin color, I’m sure you will look adorable with a black hairstyle. Now, lets see how you can get this particular bob haircut and look exactly like Rihanna.
HOW TO STYLE
- Damp / Wash:- Let’s start with this basic principal, it applies to all hairstyles featured on this list, so I might not talk about again while explaining how to style the rest of the hairstyles. If you have fine hair, you might consider growing it thick, or use a thick hair shampoo so that you get some volume of hair on instant. I say so because this type of bob haircut does not look good when your hair is thin / fine, the sharp edges will not look nice as they do with thick hair. Use a natural shampoo / conditioner, it’s price might be high bit the benefits of using organic / natural hair products are countless. After shampooing your hair, rinse out the shampoo / conditioner using Luke warm water, this will leave your hair with a huge volume of hair, if you use very hot water, it will strip all oils from your hair and leave it thin / fine. Dry your hair using a blower, but set the blower to a moderate temperature so that your hair doesn’t get damaged.
- Brush your hair straight:- If you look at Rihanna, she features a straight sharp bob haircut, now to get that type of hairstyle, you have to brush it straight, some times when you damp hair, it gets tangles, so you have to get rid of them with a detangeling brush, this will make your hair straight and easy to iron. Brush it downwards and make sure it’s done perfectly.
- Cut your hair:- This bob haircut is of moderate length, so to look adorable, you need to use sharp pair of scissors to cut and shape the edges of your hair. While cutting your hair, make sure one side looks longer than the other, but as you go down, twist the scissor to create sharp edges. Now the other thing you have to do is to consider your face shape, if you have a heart face shape like that of Rihanna, you can sweep some hair behind the ear and let the other side have more hair, this will spice up your face and give it a diagonal style.
- Flat Iron your new bob haircut:- Now that you succeeded at cutting your hair, go a head and flat iron it, this will make it super straight and neat. But before ironing your hair straight, protect it from heat which is produced by that flat iron, spray the hair with a heat protectant spray, this will create a strong shield against heat. Naturally, your hair is weak, so it can’t stand too much heat, yet when flat ironing, you need to set that iron well, it has to heat up well for you to get better results.
- Spray your hair:- Do this immediately after flat ironing because the iron will make your hair dry, so you have to moist it again with a good hair spray. You can brush through your hair as you spray it. This will ensure that each and every section of your hair gets covered.
- Work on your eye brows:- This is a minor thing, but if you want to look exactly like Rihanna, you have to pay attention to each and every detail.
PRODUCTS YOU NEED
- Organic Shampoo / Conditioner ( it adds more nutrients and proteins to your hair, hence making it thick and healthy)
- Pair of scissors
- Hair Spray
- Hair straightening cream
- Flat Iron
Rihanna Loose Bun Hairstyle
We have the usual smart updo hairstyle, the one which you have to make with a sock. This time, Rihanna has pulled it in an interesting manner. It’s a casuals loose bun, you don’t need to perfect it or use a sock to make. Simply pull your hair upwards to form a ponytail, secure tail with an elastic ban and then tie a knot using the tail. If you have bangs, you can mess them up a little bit to get this particular look.
Rihanna Long Wavy party hairstyle
Long wavy hair is not that unique because everyone can have it, but look at the picture above and see what Rihanna did with her hair, It’s not a normal long wavy hairstyle, some thing unique is associated with this trend. On one side, her long wavy hair seems normal but on the other side parted, it’s extremely chopped leaving very short hair.
Rihanna Short Hairstyles
If you always fear going short, I guess you have not seen something to inspire. You know that saying that a picture speaks a thousand words” I kind of agree with that quote because when I look at Rihanna’s short haircut, I get more than 1000 words to describe her looks. If you have long hair, don’t cut it very short on instant; adjust its length slowly until you get to this height.
Rihanna Wavy Hairstyle
Now that you have seen some of the best hairstyles by Rihanna, there is no guarantee that you will look exactly like her, because we all have our own facial features. But choosing the right hairstyle for your face shape will give you the best results.