In this post, we shall learn how to get 360 waves overnight, it not matter if you have straight / hard to style hair, these steps will give you the best results. 360 waves were made popular by Hip Hop artist Nelly and P-Diddy. These two artists have been spotted on several occasions with this type of hairstyle, it is a nice looking hairstyle for African American Men, so far, it’s the best way of styling very short hair for men.
How to Get 360 Waves Hairstyles
–PREPARATION STAGE: To have great conrows you need to prepare your hair first and then style it.
- Wash your hair well:- This has to be the first thing you have to do; this will make it easy to curl. It does not matter how difficult your hair is, once it’s moist and soft, these waves will form easily. You have to use the right hair shampoo for men, don’t get tempted to use your wife’s hair shampoo, it might not be good for your hair. Also determine the nature of waves / curls you want to have; this will determine how much hair you should leave on your head. For example, if you want small fine waves, this will call for very short hair but if you want very big waves, your head must have more hair to accommodate those big 360 waves. Men who have scalp issues, you might see a doctor and get an examination, if the issue is caused by dandruff / dead skin, you should treat it with a special dandruff shampoo for men.
- Go to a barber and get a good haircut:- I’m 100% sure you can’t cut your own hair and get a perfect haircut as a barber would do, some saloons charge between $30 – $100 per haircut, you can bargain if possible, tell the barber the type of haircut you want, this will give them a clue on what to do.
- Shop for Supplies:- After getting a perfect haircut, you can pass by a beauty store and shop for supplies. These might include a hand brush, wave shampoo which helps in making waves in your hair, hair lotion which can be used to add moisture to your hair, Pomade which helps in fixing waves firmly on your scalp. This is a small list of some of the supplies you need, but while at the barber shop, try to ask your hairstylist what you need to how to get 360 waves.
- Start making waves by washing your hair using wave shampoo. You can find different brands of men’s wave shampoo on the market, but if you fail to find any wave shampoo, you can give a try to normal shampoo, but I can’t guarantee how normal shampoo will work, I suggest it as plan B.
- Brush your hair:- After washing your hair, you can dry it and then apply some pomade / lotion, but apply moderate amounts of these products. After that, you can grab a brush and start brushing your hair to all sides following its grain. Go over the same area until you get the best results.
- Cover your hair with a bandanna immediately after brushing:- When you cover your hair, the bandanna will press the waves well and they will lay down on the head very well. You can go to bed with a bandanna on; this will ensure that waves form properly.
- Remove the bandanna in the morning:- When you wake up, take off the bandanna and check on the status of your hair. If you see 360 waves, you can go to the next step of maintaining your hair, but if you’re not impressed with the results, repeat the process again.
MAINTAIN YOUR 360 WAVES
- Cut / Trim your hair:- After getting 360 waves, don’t assume that these waves will stay in your hair for long. Hair grows on a daily basis, so you have to trim it so that it remains in the same level. I can’t predict how often you should cut your hair because our hormones are different. Some men will have to trim their hair every after 3 days and others it takes 5 days.
- Keep that short 360 wavy hair moist all the time:- Once your hair gets dry, the waves will become frizzy and after that they will start fading away. You can use a do-rag or spray your hair with a moist hair spray every morning. May be the other thing you have to take as must is to drink enough water every day, this water will keep your scalp moist all the time, helping your hair to stay wet naturally even on days you forgot to spray it.
- Wear a du-rag before going to bed and brush your hair in all directions every day:- When you go to sleep, many activities will go on while you’re asleep and you will have no control over them, your head will be moving all the time over the pillow and that will cause friction between the pillow and your hair, if you don’t protect your 360 waves with a du-rag, you will end up damaging them during sleep, that is why advice you to wear it before going to bed.
- Go ahead with your shower schedule:- If you have been showering tow / three times in a day, you don’t have to stop it, go ahead with the same schedule because the more you wash your hair the better. It will always be moist, but remember to brush after the shower. Short hair dries very fast, so you can leave it to dry by its own, train your waves on a daily basis until they become natural.
PRODUCTS YOU NEED
- Hair Trimmer / Clipper
- Hair Spray
360 waves will always be on trend, African American men like this nature of hair style and it will always rock the streets for centuries. Men with sideburns like the one featured in the picture above, look nice with nature of hairstyle, so you can as well grow a side burn. Thanks for reading how to get 360 waves overnight, i hope you enjoy this article. Please share this post, thanks!