Colored hairstyles are not new on the scene, but there is an increased demand for this trendy colorful hairstyle, both youths and mature women dye their hair, it is the easiest way to change your looks and style. Many times I have seen pictures of top celebrities like Pink, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, featuring colored hairstyles, and also their fans try to copy their looks.
In this post, I have featured some of the latest colored hairstyles, 2017 might be a year of bright heads everywhere, so don’t get shocked when your best friend rocks with some of these colored hair trends. I will also teach you how to dye hair, because as a beginner, you need a detailed guide to save you from messing up your hair.
Read also: 2017 COLORED HAIRSTYLES FOR WOMEN
Colored Mid Length Hairstyles
You can easily change your looks by tinting your hair, but….
‘’BEFORE WE GET DOWN TO THE ACTUAL DYING BUSINESS, I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE YOU A FEW BASICS ON CHOOSING HAIR DYE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS GET A COLOR WHICH COMPLEMENTS YOUR SKIN, THE BEST WAY TO KNOW THIS IS BY TESTING WITH A TEMPORARY (CHALK ) HAIR DYE, THIS TYPE OF DYE CAN BE WASHED OUT OF YOUR HAIR USING HOT WATER. YOU CAN AS WELL MIX COLORS JUST LIKE THE LADY IN THE PHOTO ABOVE AND SEE HOW YOU WILL LOOK. NOW LET ME TAKE YOU THROUGH SOME STEPS AND SEE HOW YOU CAN ACTUALLY GET A COLORED HAIRSTYLE.’’
- Prepare your hair and get ready to change its color:- Changing the color of your hair might sound like an easy thing, but it involves various steps and basics you have to follow. Don’t assume you will just wakes up and apply hair dye in your hair, NO, that won’t work; actually, you will end up damaging your hair. I’m not sure if you can reverse color mistakes once made, especially when you’re using a permanent hair dye. So, avoid making errors by preparing for the all process. Wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner 1 day before dying, if you do this, it will allow your scalp to produce enough natural oils which makes it easy for the dye to sink into your hair easily.
- Get a color which looks pretty on you:- Make sure you will feel comfortable with that color, if you don’t like how it looks, get one which looks good on you. This is a game of choice and style, what you opt for will clearly determine how you will look. There is a possibility of getting overwhelmed by tens & hundreds of colors you might find in the store, but keep your excitement under control, its better you stick to what looks good on you. The best way of determining / choosing the right hair dye is to test with temporary dyes. Choose more than 3 colors and play around with them until you get the best tone. Once you have approved what to use, wash out this temporary hair dye using hot water.
- Protect yourself from stains that might occur during the process:- Permanent dye stains can’t be washed out of clothes easily, even when they go on the skin, they can prove to be stubborn. With that in mind, you have to wear an old t-shirt which is of less use to you, or wrap a black cloth over your top / blouse; this will ensure that any splitted dye will not damage your blouse. You might as well put news papers or any other cover on the floor where you’re working from.
- Wear gloves to protect your hands from getting messed up by dye and also protect your ears and skin around your hair by using Vaseline, this will prevent dye from flowing towards your skin .
- Start mixing dye:- This will close our preparation stage, but. its the most important stage, because any mistake you make during this process might affect the end results. Read instructions on how to mix and apply that particular dye, in most cases these instructions are the same, but we should not assume that, it’s better you read them. Get a clean bowl and mix your dye with water.