Having long hair is a blessing because you can easily style it and change your looks. It is not limited to styles like short hair. For example, you can put some waves in that long hair, the size of waves will differ from lady to lady, because those with thick hair will get heavy waves and yet those with thin hair will get fine (light) waves. To put that aside, getting a long wavy hairstyles does not guarantee that you will always have wavy hair, you need to take care of those waves, repair them now and then.
In this post, you will learn how to make waves in long hair, but I have also featured some photos to inspire you get a long wavy hairstyle.
Read also: MEDIUM LENGTH WAVY HAIRSTYLES FOR 2017
(1) Use a Scrunch Method: – This method does not involve use of heated tools, but you will scrunch your hair using a diffuser attachment of a blow-dryer or you can alternatively use your fingers to do the scrunching. Now, let’s get down to the basics:
- Wash or Damp your hair: – Before doing anything, you have to first damp your hair, this will make it easy to make waves. Since this scrunching method will involve squeezing your hair, if it’s done when the hair is dry, it will break. So to avoid this mess, you need to wet your hair, if possible use a shampoo / conditioner to make sure that it’s clean. Dry your hair so that it remains moist but not wet, you use a towel or a low temperature blower.
- Use a styling product:- To get thick waves, you need to use a styling cream / gel. Put moderate amounts of that product in your hands massage it through your hair. Make sure that each and every strand is covered with this styling product.
- Scrunch your hair using your fingers:- To do this perfectly, you need to bend over so that your hair falls down, this will give you full control of your hair in all angles. Start scrunching from behind as you go to the front.
- Use a blower to aid on the scrunching: – After scrunching with your fingers, you might need to use a blower to scrunch more and more until you get the waves you want. Set the blower to a cool temperature, in this case, no heat will be released by the blower. The cool hair from the blower will help the scrunched hair settle and develop into waves.
- Apply hairspray: – Now you get out of the bend over position, waves have formed, but that is not all. Give them a smooth shinny texture by spraying them with a light hairspray.
PRODUCTS YOU NEED:
- Hair Spray (this will give your waves a smooth texture, if you use a hold spray, it will hold those waves in one position all day long.
- Blow dryer ( can be used to dry wet hair, yet at the time its head can be used to scrunch through your hair to make more waves)
- Organic Shampoo / Conditioner:- You need to use a natural hair product to clean and condition your hair. Wavy hair requires lots of nutrients; you can easily get them by using organic or natural hair products.